(Click on the color coded areas of the map / legend to view more
Mary Immaculate Center
is built on a 460-acre tract of grassy fields
and wooded land, at the highest point in the Lehigh Township, near
the Palisades of the Lehigh River. The site, about 12 miles north
of Allentown, affords a 360 - degree panoramic view of the Lehigh
Valley. The limestone buildings are characterized by stylized architectural
highlights including arched colonnades, walkways, gardens, marble
and tile. The building features wings
that arch out from a central core.
was added in 1954 and features plain limestone walls with elaborate,
brilliantly colored stained glass windows that extend along the
walls and reach close to the ceiling.
The tower that dominates
the front of
the main building features the crucifixion. In the foyer,
mosaics depict the life and works of St. Vincent and the Vincentians.
Sayings of St. Vincent are sculpted into